Thursday 26 July 2012

Polytunnel: Part 5 - The Home Straight

Thursday 26th July 2012
A dull start.
Finish the door frames and hang the doors.
Put on the timber base-rail
Insert 72 (non) self-drilling screws
Install irrigation system
Cover hoops with hotspot tape

These are the jobs which need doing before the cover can go on. The pressure is really on. I've learned that the sheer scale of this polytunnel means that, even if things go well and I work like a dog, each stage takes a good few hours.
The forecast is becoming a bit more dodgy - a North / South split with fresher weather on it's way. Fingers crossed we get the weather of the South.


Doors hung.
A long job, but worth doing properly.






View from afar.
It's a large polytunnel, but I'm happy that the scale fits in with everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to read them. I've been having a little trouble with not getting notifications, but think I've sorted it out now so I'll do my best to answer!

Looking Back - Featured post

ONE THOUSAND BLOG POSTS IN PICTURES

Ten years and a thousand blog posts! Enjoy. Pictures in no particular order.  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...